Saturday 25 April 2009

Walking Boots

Have decided to plump for a pair of lightweight walking boots - well lighter than my old ones anyway, as a nod towards old age and achy knees.

Have gone for the Meindl Softline Goretex Ultra, felt very comfortable straight out the box, perhaps a little narrow on the toe box on the right foot for me, which was a surprise as they are supposed to be a wide - ish fit my feet I always thought were narrow - ish.




Scout training today, (core modules 1 and 3), exciting stuff, but necessary (?). So it is a gentle break in for the boots. No walking them out, but may try and sneak them in for St Georges day parade tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on with them. First thoughts are comfort, lightweight and to be honest, for a walking boot, I think they look pretty good. As if that is important? Yes.

No comments: