Wednesday 5 August 2009

Natures Playground

I've just had a great conversation with one of my customers about natures playground. Why do you need to take your kids to the 'offical' playgrounds with swings and slides?


Get out there, and have a little adventure that they will love.


Just go over to the woods and see what you can see. The woods are full of the weird and wonderful. Do some reading up on what flowers are out, show them some toadstalls (but remember to point out that they mustn't eat them!!), lift some rotting wood and show them the insects that are running around.


And as they get older and bolder there is so much more fun and games to be had. My customer that I spoke to had just taken her 7 and 9 year olds to Cornwall and took them walking up on the moors - they grumbled a little about the walk, but what was at the end of it? A stone outcrop - and so begins two hours of scrambling and climbing over the rocks... allowing Mum and Dad to get them thinking about re-igniting their passion for rock climbing.


I've just had my little baby and already I'm thinking about the little adventures we are going have in natures playground.

No comments: