Thursday 28 October 2010

Wemmi Wipes

Wemmi Wipes
What I hear you say? Wemmi Wipes? What is a Wemmi Wipe? All I can see are two rather large horse pills. Yup, that's right. A Wemmi Wipe looks like a rather large horse pill. A paracetamol for a horse size headache.


I was delighted that to find a small sample card of these wipes stuffed in with my Shewee delivery. No explanation just a sample card with two Wemmi Wipe pill type things attached to it. The slogan on the card - Wet me, Grow Me, Use Me and WOW! They grow before your very eyes, coupled with, Fun, convenient adn really rather good... had some sort of teenage humour to it. These slogans added to the fact the sample came in my Shewee delivery prompted a very humourous comment of;  "what are you supposed to do with it? Pee on it and wipe your bum?". Much laughter sounded.  (For those not in the know a Shewee is a female urinary device to allow you to pee standing up)

 I have just popped one of the pills under a tap. Lo and behold expand it did and yes there was a moment of fun as is expanded into a tightly rolled bandage type thing. After a quick unroll you have a very useful wet cloth to do whatever you like with. Wash dishes, wipe your face and hand and generally use for wipe type things.
I did like this product. It did make me laugh, but for the life of me I can't see a use for it. Why would you want a small dehydrated compressed wipe? Why not just carry a small, scrunched up cloth? They never really take up much space in your bag. It is instantly usable you don't need to find a little water to 'Wet me, Grow me' and well it just does the job.

Fun product, but have to ask myself, Why? Wemmi - if you are are out there listening let me know!

6 comments:

Sar said...

I have been using Wemmi Wipes for a while now and, as a keen hiker and camper, find them useful for a number of things. I no longer waste space packing towels/flannels etc., as one tube of Wemmi Wipes becomes my "shower" - I just dip one in a stream/river, have some natural gel/soap to use and it helps me to stay fresh. One Wemmi per day has got me through hikes such as the Inca Trail! I also use Wemmi's for the camping when you need something for those unavoidable dirty moments, whether they be in after cooking to clean up the mess or when "nature calls" (use your imagination). I think they are a fab product and their size and convenience is the best thing about them. I have just checked out their website and seen some great pictures and testimonials from Mt Kili, Great Wall of China and some crazy guy cycling around the world who is using them...

Wemmi Wipes said...

Hi there,
Thanks for the request - one of our customers emailed us with your blog and all feedback is good feedback as they say!
In answer to the question "Why?" the unique characteristics of the Wemmi Wipes are (and I refer mainly to walkers/hikers/campers for this blog):
1: Convenience - the small tube means considerably less packing space for many pursuits
2: Bio-degradable: As the Wemmi has no chemical additives, it may be disposed of responsibly
3: Re-usable: Again, due to no chemicals, the Wemmi is much stronger than traditional wipes therefore can be re-used dry or wet
4: Durable: The tube/bags are resealable therefore the user can keep in the rucksack/cycle kit etc for that "little emergency"
Only 5ml of water is required to activaete the Wemmi therefore making it the perfect accessory for hikers and outdoor enthusiasts around the world.
All our testimoials/photos/media reviews are on our ebsite www.wemmi.co.uk so please visit this to find out more.
Best regards and enjoy the "Wemmi Way!"
"The Wemmi Team"

FionaOutdoors said...

Brilliant! the things you find out! I may use this in a blog I plan to write tomorrow about the things I've learned about the outdoors this week! Watch for it.

One strange gadget I came across is something that goes with a ShePee. It's a bag filled with nappy type gel. When you tip the pee into the bag it absorbs it and swells. This is to prevent nasty pee spillages I presume but the only place i could think that it would be useful is the car!

Walk and Travel said...

Hi Wemmi Wipes - thanks for the comment! I can see how they would be used and why you would use them, but if you are packing out what you are packing in, then you will end up with more than one cloth to pack out. Would be good to keep a stash in the car or when you are out on a day long bike ride just in case you have to change a tyre and get all grubby...

Only 5ml of water is impressive though.

Walk and Travel said...

Hi Fiona

Thanks for the comment. Yes, it is amazing what is out there in the wonderful world of outdoor accessories, gadgets etc. I have heard of the ShePee and sell a similar thing - the Shewee Absorbent Pouch.

Did you see my post on the Shewee?

Walk and Travel said...

PS Look forward to reading the blog post Fiona!