Friday 20 June 2008

Weekends Away

Life moves on at a hectic pace, there are careers to think about, there is the mortgage to pay, the allotment to keep on top of and the grass to be kept trimmed neatly - oh and the small amount of work it takes to run a business from home on top of it all. Some people ask me how I fit it all in. Sometimes I ask that of myself. But, and I'm not sure how, I squeeze it all in along with weekends away.

I like my breaks, the getting away from it all feeling, exploring a new place, getting out into the mountains or hills. It's all about loving the adventure. Because of the pressures of life, no longer are there long lazy travels around the world, you have to snatch a break when you can and this tends to be a weekend away.

This year I've been lucky enough to have a weekend break in Hull, don't laugh - it has a very interesting William Wilberforce Museum and quite a large bridge. I like bridges something really interesting in the way that they are just hanging on in there. Like towers. They just stand there, not caring, a sentinal in a city or a town offering the weekend break adventure seeker a birds eye view of their surroundings. Paris. Is it the best tower to go up in Europe? I think it's fab - apart from the queues. Let me know what the best tower in Europe is.

Well, what got me ranting about weekends away and towers? Oh yes, I've just got back from Dorset, a fab weekend in Burton Bradstock saying in the gorgeous Berwick Manor, just hanging out with my friends and their families. No stress, no computer, just good company, frisbees, small children, beer, wine and great food.

It is amazing how many weekends away you can squeeze in in just six months. Skiing, North Wales, Peak District, all mountian activity trips to balance out the city or town breaks. You need to have a good balance in life.

How are you balancing your life? Tell me about your weekends away and remember to Love the Adventure - it's what life is all about.

No comments: