Friday 1 May 2009

Who is Simon Calder?

Who is Simon Calder?

OK OK, so I've got a business that sell travel related items, I've worked in this industry for quite a number of years - I'm sure you are saying 'You should know who Simon Calder is'.

Well, I didn't - until the other day. His name was just popping up all over the place, I think he was on Radio 4 commentating on local travel (Which I think is extremely important - check out earlier blogs). I got home and promptly forgot about him. Then he popped up in his very easy going, engaging way - not sure what he was talking about this time, but the presenter mentioned him as the foremost commentator on travel in the UK.

So I googled him. Sounds painful when you put it like that. 350,000 results - result!

Turns out he is local to me. From Crawley, West Sussex - and now in London. May get him to open my store, if ever I get one!

Have a read of his website, its interesting. I particularly like the pictures - I wish I could say his writing too, as he is now an important journalist, but you need to buy publications to do this - which I don't mind doing, the Independent Travel Section is quite good. I have even advertised in it, relatively successfully. I'm sure if I went through the google search a little more I will be able to find some of his articles for a read.

Got some great travel tips and fave places on his biog page - best of which is 'Smile' couldn't agree more with him - a smile opens lots of doors and goes a million miles.

Smile, Travel and Love the Adventure.

Till next time...



No comments: