Sunday 6 May 2007

Mountain Leader Training

Has anyone out there done their UK mountain leader training? I was wondering how beneficial you found it. I'm thinking of doing mine and trying to squeeze it in before I take my Scouts to Poland trekking in the Tatras Mountains. Main reason for this is because I was on an Expedition Medicine Weekend (run by Forest Knights in the sunny West Sussex countryside) and the guy who was running it asked me if I had a lost person policy and plan, i.e. what I would do if I lost one of my Scouts when I am out. In the mountains I imagine this could be quite important. So you learn how to deal with this on a Mountain Leader Training Course? Group management - I hope so. I think I'll do some reading up on it.

I'm also thinking about what kit I'll take and there will have to be a confidence rope in my day pack as well as the usual suspects of an Expedition First Aid Kit, survival bag and a group mountain shelter.

1 comment:

Forest Knights said...

I'm glad you found your course with Forest Knights useful.