Friday 11 May 2007

Nomad Sahara Raiders and Trangia Cookers.

Hey y'all.

I find the internet an interesting place, and it amazes me how things sell off my website. SEO is a dark art - but I love the challenges of it!

I recently ordered in quite a number of Nomad Sahara Raider Shoulder Bags and these are flying out! I have to admit the manufacturer and supplier have got it quite right. They are a very cool bag, mine is looking great now it is worn in a bit and a little grubby. They are just the right size for everything - sadly mine get used mostly for carrying a laptop in and going to the office. The odd trip is does make is now mostly in the UK, but it handles this well! Let's face it, the bag has travelled a lot any way, it was made in china. The good old (looking - it's retro) Nomad Sahara Raider. I love it.

Another great product I've got and is selling well is the Trangia Cooker. This is something of a childhood memory. I used these a lot in the Scouts. They were heavy then, not the ultralight version that is available now. We used them on backpacking expeditions, trips to Scandinavia and the Alps. Awesome trips. We also used them as fondues in our evening programmes. I don't know if you are aware, but a Trangia Cooker runs of meths. A great fuel, only burns a vapour, you drop a match into it and the bottle won't explode as petrol would. One of the things about meths is that the flame is virtually clear. The golden rule of using a Trangia Stove is to make sure that the flame is fully out before refilling the burner. I didn't. I will always double check in the future. As I poured it into the burner which was still alight I spilt some and this caught fire, resultant mess on the wooden table. As with all types of stoves, gas, petrol, meths, you need to be very, very careful when you use them. Having said that, a huge amount of youth groups, such as Scouts and Duke of Edinburgh Award use the trusty Trangia Cooker as it is a safe, stable, compact group cooker that comes complete with windshields, pots and pans. What more could you ask for?

Got a question about outdoor gear? Try me out!

No comments: